1. What are cookies and why do we use them on the website?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the User’s device when accessing certain websites to store and retrieve information about the browsing that is done on your computer.
Among other things, cookies allow this website to store and retrieve information about User options and habits. On this website, the cookies that exist are necessary for its operation.
2. What kinds of cookies are there?
Cookies can be divided into session cookies and persistent cookies based on the time that they remain active:
- Session cookies: the data collected and stored by these cookies are collected while the User browses the website, and they are deleted when the browser is closed. They are usually used to store information that the User may wish to keep to provide the service requested on a single occasion.
- Persistent cookies: through these cookies, the data are still stored on the device for a certain period of time, thereby facilitating control of the preferences chosen without repeating certain parameters each time the website is visited.
Additionally, depending on the entity managing them, cookies can be classified as first-party or third-party:
- First-party cookies: these cookies are sent to the User’s computer from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself and from which the service requested by the User is provided.
- Third-party cookies: these cookies are sent to the User’s computer from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
These cookies may be:
- Technical cookies: these cookies allow you to control data traffic and communication.
- Personalisation cookies: these cookies give users access according to some of their own characteristics that are collected (browser, language, etc.).
- Analysis cookies: these cookies allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites and allow the creation of a user profile.
- Advertising cookies: these cookies collect data on the management of advertising spaces.
3. What types of cookies does the website use?
|_gid||.itworldedu.com||It records a unique identification that is used to generate statistical data about how the visitor uses the website.||1 day|
|_ga||.itworldedu.com||It records a unique identification that is used to generate statistical data about how the visitor uses the website.||2 years|
|NID||.google.com||For Google’s count of the number of users using the maps.||7 months|
|CONSENT||.google.com||Technical cookie to control the acceptance of cookies||20 years|
|1P_JAR||.google.com||To personalize the ads according to the interests of the user.||1 week|
Social network cookies
For further information about social network cookies:
4. How can you disable browser cookies?
Users can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on their computer by configuring the browser options installed on their computer. Please read the help section of your browser carefully to learn more about how to activate the “private mode” or unblock certain cookies.
Information about cookies for Internet Explorer.
Information about cookies for Mozilla Firefox.
Information about cookies for Opera.
Information about cookies for Google Chrome.
Information about cookies for Safari.